Can Cats Eat Chocolate?

can cats eat chocolate

If you are wondering if your cat can eat chocolate, the answer is no.

Cats should never be given chocolate. This is because chocolate contains theobromine, and caffeine, which are both poisonous to cats, and can make your cat very sick, or even die.

These two chemicals can stimulate the central nervious system and cardiac systems.

You can find out more by watching the video below.

What should you do if your cat eats chocolate>?

If your cat only had a small piece of chocolate, their bodies may be able to handle it. However, if your cat ate a large amount of chocolate, you should take it to the vet asap. If that is the case, your vet can induce vomiting, and administer charcoal to help clear your cats stomach of the chocolate.

If your cat only ate a small amount, watch your cat for strange behaviour. Some symptoms of toxicity include:

  • Lethargy
  • Nervousness
  • Excessive thirst
  • Excessive urination
  • Seizures
  • Abnormal heart rhythm
  • Tremors/muscle twitching
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Excessive panting
  • Nausea
  • Restlessness
  • Hyperactivity
  • Increased blood pressure
  • Coma
  • Death

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>